I wanted to congratulate everyone with the Sarge Release . It took a while, true, but it’s done now… that’s all I have to say about it. :)
I’ve filed quite some ITPs lately and I have worked on some of them, so here is a small status overview.
- Hobix — Almost ready, I am awaiting the “plugin-system” rework to be finalized in CVS, which will take some work out of my hands.
- RPA Base — I am not yet sure how to package this… how this is going to cooperate with a Debian installation. This is the same thing that has been itching with RubyGems
- Ruby Facets, Ruby Carets — Still working on those.
- Ruby Breakpoint — I haven’t started yet, but it shouldn’t pose much of a problem.
- Ruby SVG — The most recent ITP, a small little library that I have already packaged unofficially. It needs more documentation and then it’s ready.
I have also been working on a
CDBS class for Ruby’s
setup.rb. It is basically working, but I am not satisfied, it misses
some features like documentation generation, and support for creating
debs for multiple Ruby versions.
Because Christian Neukirchen posted a very
distutil-alike install system for Ruby on
Ruby-Talk and the Debian Ruby
list, I am going to suspend work on
the setup.rb class for a while and see how this system will evolve.
Debian Ruby Team
Ruby Carets, Ruby Facets and Ruby Breakpoint libraries are meant to
become members of a sort of Ruby Standard Library supplement. These and
other useful small libraries will be caught under a
virtual package. Work on this package will be done by a Debian Ruby
Maintainers Team1 using a project on
More about that soon!